Camp Fast Facts
- Camp Dates: July 22–26 and July 29–August 2
- Camp Times: 9am–3pm
- Registration Deadline: June 15
- Age Range: For students entering Grades 5–8
- Camp Location:
ACES Thomas Edison Magnet School (TEMS)
1355 North Broad Street
Meriden, CT 06450
Promoting Global Citizenship and STEAM Learning
Our camp combines intercultural exchange and STEAM learning with children from Connecticut and abroad. Students will work together to:
- Study our ecology, including various species of animals and plants
- Explore local habitats and learn about environmental issues
- Conduct experiments on the beach and in local parks
A Diverse, Engaging Program
- Archeological Dig: Participate in an actual archeological dig using scientific processes to dive back into the past
- Hydroponic Learning: Explore growing a variety of plants solely in water
- Photography: Discover the fundamentals of composition, digital enhancement, and different environments for taking extraordinary photos
- A Summer of Color: Visit world famous art galleries at Yale University in New Haven and hear interpretations on various works of art
Daily Schedule of Activities
Events are subject to change to accommodate our student's safety, comfort, and well-being. Activities may rotate on a daily basis to afford all participants an equal opportunity to experience them.
Daily schedule includes 5 sessions
- Hands-on science activities with water
- Project Lead the Way coding activity
- Archaeological dig
- One rotating activity over the course of the week (tower gardens, art/painting or photography)
- Field studies at the following locations:
- Week 1: Pine Lake in Bristol, CT (ropes course)
- Week 1: Department of Environmental Protection at TEMS (water testing and analysis)
- Week 2: Yale Art Gallery (viewing the gallery)
- Week 2: Hamonassett Beach (A study of the marsh, it’s inhabitants and brackish water properties)
A non-refundable deposit and registration form are required for enrollment. Families that qualify for free-and-reduced lunch are required to register this information online at the time of payment.
Week 1 (July 22–26)
$200 REGISTRATION FEE - Our Week 1 Package includes fun-filled science and coding activities, painting and photography workshops, archaeological digs and field studies at Pine Lake in Bristol, CT, and with the Department of Environmental Protection at TEMS.
Week 2 (July 29–August 2)
$200 REGISTRATION FEE - Our Week 2 Package includes fun-filled science and coding activities, painting and photography workshops, archaeological digs and field studies at The Yale Art Gallery and Hammonassett Beach.
Weeks 1 & 2 (July 22–August 2)
$375 REGISTRATION FEE - Get the best deal on summer camp with our Weeks 1 & 2 Package! Registration includes all of our exciting social activities, field trips and workshops.
Are You Ready for the Best Summer Ever?
Act now—registration ends soon! Don’t miss your chance to get wet and wild at ACES International Summer STEAM Camp at ACES Thomas Edison Middle School.