ACES Village School provides collaborative educational, emotional, and physical services to children ages 3 to 14 years with a range of cognitive, physical, behavioral, language, and medical challenges. Village School celebrates the diversity of our student population through innovative and individualized instruction. We strive to increase student independence and welcome our community and parents as partners.
We provide a comprehensive program with inclusive services. Related services include speech, physical, occupational, and music therapies as well as social, nursing, and behavior services. The multi-disciplinary teams of educators, therapists, and medical personnel work collaboratively to provide empirically-based instruction in academics, behavior, speech/language development, and play/social skills.
A developmental curriculum was designed to meet the individual needs of students and to access the essence of the general K-12 curriculum. This curriculum, in conjunction with state guidelines, is used by faculty to design and implement instruction to address the wide range of learners within the Village School population. This gives us the ability to offer a continuum of services to children and their families. Objective, skill-based assessments are used together with other information to appropriately place students in the most suitable instructional context.
The Mission of Village School is to provide a quality environment for students to learn and reach independence by striving to balance the learning standards with their unique and functional needs in a respectful and compassionate manner.
Our Guiding Principles:
- All students are valuable members of our school.
- Instruction is differentiated to meet individual learning needs.
- Students are positively reinforced for their efforts.
- Programmatic decisions are based upon data collection and analysis.
- Multiple strategies are utilized to provide each student a means of communication.
- A strong sense of community is demonstrated through collaboration, parent involvement, compassion, humor, and integrity.
- We value opportunities for continuous learning.
- Staff possess the ability to be flexible and adapt to changing needs of Village School.
Regional District #5
Regional District #13
Regional District #14
Regional District #16
Regional District #17