Learn About Your Students' Native Languages with this Definitive Resource
Crossing into English is a contrastive analysis of English and each of the more than 90 languages spoken by students in Connecticut. It serves to outline the sounds and features of the language that may either transfer or interfere with the acquisition of English.
Increase your knowledge about the native languages of your students and improve targeted instruction for contrasting features of the native language and English.
Get the book now for only $49.99.
Get the linguisitic edge! Understand what the key factors are when teaching English learners, by learning about:
- Neurolinguistic differences
- Acquisition of sounds in a second language
- Language transfer and common underlying proficiency
- How to assess English learners in reading
- Teaching foundational reading
- Building metalinguistic awareness
- Translanguaging and transfer errors