The ECA Theatre Department provides advanced level, pre-professional training under the tutelage of practicing professional theatre artists. The curriculum models that of a college conservatory training program whereby students:
- study established and emerging methods and techniques in the areas of acting, movement, and voice and speech;
- survey notable plays, playwrights, and styles throughout history, honing their skills of analysis and criticism;
- explore playwriting, stage management, directing, technical theatre and design;
- develop and create original work including theatre for social change; and
- engage in workshops led by prominent master teaching artists.
The Theatre department strives to bring the finest work to the stage, all the while with a committed respect of the artistic process, and a strong emphasis on collaboration and ensemble work. As a result, students acquire knowledge and develop communication skills that will prepare them for post-secondary and professional careers. Students’ lives are enriched by the study, performance and appreciation of theatre within a diverse learning environment.
To apply for Admission to the Theatre Department, please visit the Application Process Page.
Photos by Paul Duda
The Theatre Department presents
Adapted by John Barton and Kenneth Cavander
Wed, April 5 & Thurs, April 6 at 7pm
Saturday, April 7 at 2pm
Tickets $15 sold at the door
Rehearsal Photos from The Greeks: