All new employees must submit fingerprints for national and state background checks. This is required by law and must be completed within 30 days of being hired. Failure to complete this state mandate within the specified time frame may result in termination.
When you receive a fingerprint packet from ACES Human Resources, you have two options:
- You may schedule an appointment with ACES to have your fingerprints processed at ACES, view the schedule. Appointments can be made Mondays, 9:00-11:00am, Wednesdays, 1:30-3:00pm, or Thursdays, 2:30-4:00pm at 350 State Street, North Haven, CT 06473.
- Required items include: your completed fingerprint packet from the BOE where you will be placed, photo ID, (drivers license or passport), and processing fees. The fee can be paid by credit or debit, bank certified check payable to ACES or cash - no personal checks. You may look up individual fees here.
- The fee for just prints is $15.00. We accept debit/credit, cash or money order made payable to ACES.
- Contact your local police station or Department of Emergency Services and Protection at 860-685-8000 to inquire about their fingerprinting schedule.
- Once you are fingerprinted return the entire packet and the appropriate processing fee to ACES Human Resources, 350 State Street North Haven, CT 06473 between 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Please note: ACES Fingerprinting Services are only valid in the state of Connecticut. Results may not be shared with other states.