Bring ARCTEL to Your District!
CT school districts may contract with ACES to have district-specific cohorts. These cohorts enable districts to build capacity to provide effective instruction for English learners. This bigger picture thinking has been effective for New Haven Public Schools, Norwich Free Academy, Norwich Public Schools, Hartford Public Schools, and Windham Public Schools all of which have partnered with ACES to bring ARCTEL to their teachers.
Why A District Cohort?
- Allows districts to put forward candidates and target their most needed schools/classrooms.*
- Builds capacity within the district to provide effective instruction for English Learners.
- Builds a professional learning community of TESOL and Bilingual certified teachers within the district.
- Open to teachers, instructional coaches, and administrators
- Instruction can be inclusive of district policies and procedures for English Learners.
- District teachers may be qualified to instruct, and will be trained and supported by ACES. **
- Districts can select a representative to the ARCTELL Advisory Board.
*Candidates must meet program admission eligibility requirements and be approved by ACES
**Instructor candidates must be approved by ACES
Overview of Services Provided
- Operation of a one-year cohort of the ARCTEL program.
- Development and implementation of a curriculum aligned to the TESOL P-12 ESL Standards, and approved by the CT State Department of Education.
- Program oversight and fiscal management.
- Selection of qualified faculty and Advisory Board members experienced in P-12 ESL and bilingual education, ARCTEL program operations and teaching the adult learner.
- Processing of certification documentation for all candidates based on program completion and CT standardized testing requirements.