Knowing that all children have the ability to be successful, while accepting each child’s individual differences, ACES Mill Academy fosters the development of our students academically, behaviorally and therapeutically to the extent that each child realizes his or her own self-worth as an independent, self-motivated, responsible learner who possesses the ability to make good choices in order to become a more productive, contributing member of society.
Educating Students Sixth Grade through Eighth Grade
- Academic: Mill Academy challenges students to achieve their highest level of developmental and academic performance with the assistance of a highly qualified team utilizing the guidelines of the Common Core Standards.
- Behavioral: Mill Academy implements a highly structured and consistent behavioral program with a focus on positive reinforcement, creating an environment where students can succeed.
- Therapeutic: Mill Academy provides extensive therapeutic interventions aimed at improving the emotional needs of our students while forming connections and support between every child, their families and community providers
ACES Mill Academy provides quality programming for students, 6th through 8th Grade, in the areas of academic, behavioral and therapeutic interventions. With a positive emphasis on the successes, the staff at Mill Academy help students make progress on their schoolwork as well as their growth in the areas of decision making, responsibility and self-esteem.
ACES Mill Academy Now Provides Education for Students in Two Programs:
- The Mill Academy is for students, grades 6th through 8th grade, who are identified through the PPT process as students who need a more structured program to help them with academic, social, emotional and behavior issues. All students are processed through the PPT system by their district.
- The New Haven Urban Youth Elementary Program at ACES Mill Elementary School and ACES Mill Academy is for students, grades kindergarten through 5th grade, who are identified through the New Haven Board of Education Pupil Personnel Office as needing a more structured program in order to meet their academic, behavioral and social needs.
Current Participating Districts
|Bridgeport||Meriden||North Branford||Stratford||West Haven|