- About Us
- Visual Arts
- Upcoming Events 2016-17
- Dance Department Schedules
- 2016-2017 Dancer Handbook
- Dance Department Parent Handbook
- Curriculum Arc 2016-17
- Dance Department Photo Gallery
- Dance Department Performance Highlights
- Creative Writing
- School Forms
- College and Scholarship Information
- HUSKY Health & Access Health CT Information
- For Students
- The Little Theatre
- ACES International
- ACES ECA International Admissions Initiative
- Welcoming International Students to ACES ECA
- ACES ECA Application for International Enrollment 2017-18
- Important Information for Completion by International Families
- ECA Global 2016 Student Exchange to China
- ECA Global 2016 Photo Gallery Student Exchange to China
- ECA Faculty Global China Exchange April 2015
- ECA Global China Exchange March 2015
- ECA Global Partnership: Shanghai Theatre Academy Affiliated Senior High School as highlighted by Principal Ying-Xiao
- ECA Global Partnership: Sister School Shanghai Theatre Academy Affiliated High School Visits ECA! July 2015
- Intercultural Arts Programs and ECA Global
- ECA Intercultural Arts - The International Silat Federation of Indonesia & America
- School Forms
Welcome ECA Families!
Dear ECA Community,
Due to budgetary restrictions, ECA will suspend integrated studies courses for the 2017-208 school year. The time originally allocated for integrated studies will now focus on new and enhanced content opportunities within each department.
We are currently working with ACES to build a summer PE/Health course to take place during the ACES Summer Academy with certified teachers. In addition, we are considering an after-school yoga, movement, or martial arts class once a week to support students who need PE credit in place of their Tuesday elective program. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information on the PE/Health course.
In addition, we are forging ahead with the development of summer enrichment courses through our departments. This is evolving as you have recently received information on our first two Visual Arts classes in July. Next summer will mark the first annual Summer Institute that connects international and Connecticut students to the Arts through departmental instruction and cultural experiences.
Attention Parents: Passwords and sign-in information for the Powerschool parent portal will be mailed to parents the week of September 15th.
Powerschool information: Parents may access powerschool through the parent portal. Letters are sent out to parents during the month of September with passwords and log-in information. Some grading for departments will not be posted until report cards are released. If you should have any concerns or questions regarding your student’s progress, please do not hesitate to contact the teacher or school counselor.
The ACES 2015-2016 Parent Student Handbook can be found on the ACES main website at http://www.aces.org/about/publications-policies/parent-student-handbook.
Also, all updated forms, including student health, free and reduced meal information, and media release forms can be found on the ACES main website at http://www.aces.org/about/publications-policies/aces-forms.
Please click on the following link to read about the latest exciting developments at ECA: Director's Newsletter
Grades: ECA Report cards are quarterly and progress reports are usually sent if there is a need for the teacher to communicate to a parent mid-term. Once our grades close and have been processed, ECA will send those grades to the sending school to be incorporated into their high school transcript. In addition, ECA has our own transcript which lists all courses and grades from each year. For Seniors applying to college, ECA will send transcripts directly to those schools or can send a transcript to the sending school Counselor to be included with other student materials. For procedures on sending transcripts, please click on the following link: Transcript Requests
An Important Message from Director Jason Hiruo for all Families of ECA:
The success of ECA is not solely based on a specific arts education, but in how we continue to help students further their individuality, creativity, and inner-confidence.
Together, we value the arts.
We use the arts as a vehicle to further skills of innovation, problem-solving, collaboration, and critical thinking.
We use the arts to advance empathy, voice, self-esteem, and citizenry.
We love the arts because it reminds us of who we are as we support our future.
We value the arts, and this is why we are here –
for our students,
for the school,
for the importance of instilling the arts in the lives of children.
Best wishes to the ECA Class of 2017!
An Important Message from PACE for all Families of ECA
PACE takes on an urgent new task: Supporting ECA's Outreach and Recruitment Efforts
Please coordinate with your district's liaison and promote ECA at your former Junior High School. Your talented ECA student is the best advertisement. Talk about your ECA experience to prospective students and their parents. Distribute ECA brochures which you can get from the Guidance Office. For questions: contact us
New Scholarship and College information available on the
College Scholarship and Information Page under the
Guidance Dept. as of June 2, 2015
Check regularly throughout the year for updates!
A Great New Opportunity!
ECA students have the ability to use Career Cruising to search for colleges and take interest inventories. Juniors are currently meeting with Julie to work on college searches, however, all ECA students have access to this comprehensive site. Please use the link below and use your ECA log-in information. (Your student ECA e-mail and your internet access code)
A Great Opportunity: Amazon Smile
ECA and PACE are collaborating to combine efforts, elevating our fundraising to benefit our students further.
Every resource adds to our learning programs, which will now be possible with Amazon Smile. It's just like shopping at Amazon.
- Click on, http://smile.amazon.com/ch/30-0804769
- Sign in with your username and password
- Select Parents for Arts Centered Education as your favorite charity
- Change your bookmark to Amazon Smile, and 0.5% of your purchase will go to ECA!!!
International Host Family Program
- If you are interested in learning more about ECA's international host family program, please email email@example.com. ECA is investigating the potential for a semester long exchange program with our sister schools in Shanghai, Kyoto, and Sydney. Participating host families would receive a monthly stipend of $850.
WANTED: Used SLR Cameras for Photography Class!
Please donate your old 50mm Single Lens Reflex (SLR) Cameras
to the ECA Photography Class!
We need them ASAP for special photography projects.
Please drop them off at the ECA Main Office
In exchange for your donation,
we can offer you a letter for tax deduction purposes!
The Photography Class Thanks You!
Quick Links and Forms: