- About Us
- Visual Arts
- Dance Department Schedules
- ECA Dance Dept. Important Dates
- 2017-2018 Dancer Handbook
- Curriculum Arc 2017-18
- Dance Department Photo Gallery
- Dance Department Performance Highlights
- Creative Writing
- School Forms
- College and Scholarship Information
- HUSKY Health & Access Health CT Information
- For Students
- The Little Theatre
- ACES International
- ACES ECA International Admissions Initiative
- Welcoming International Students to ACES ECA
- ACES ECA Application for International Enrollment 2017-18
- Important Information for Completion by International Families
- ECA Global 2016 Student Exchange to China
- ECA Global 2016 Photo Gallery Student Exchange to China
- ECA Faculty Global China Exchange April 2015
- ECA Global China Exchange March 2015
- ECA Global Partnership: Shanghai Theatre Academy Affiliated Senior High School as highlighted by Principal Ying-Xiao
- ECA Global Partnership: Sister School Shanghai Theatre Academy Affiliated High School Visits ECA! July 2015
- Intercultural Arts Programs and ECA Global
- ECA Intercultural Arts - The International Silat Federation of Indonesia & America
- School Forms
ACES Educational Center for the Arts' (ACES ECA) mission is to provide high school students with the experience of studying the fine arts with practicing professional artists, stimulating a life-long curiosity for learning and a passion for the arts.
ECA is nestled in the heart of New Haven’s Audubon Arts District and since 1973 has been a leader in fostering the education of emerging artists as they develop their unique voices. High school students from over twenty-five school districts attend ECA in the afternoon to study creative writing, dance, music, theatre and visual arts with professional artists.
ACES ECA seeks students from a diversity of cultural backgrounds, experiences and interests in the arts. The course work provides for a balance of honors level training in technical skills and imaginative and creative skills - challenging each student to create works of their own design, to perform those works and the works of others, and to evaluate this work. Classroom experiences encourage students to develop an understanding of how their art form relates to other art forms. In addition, students receive career and college information and guidance.
The value of the ACES ECA program lies in its unique ability to bring together students who are highly motivated to achieve. This extraordinary student body taught by a faculty comprised of practicing, professional artists creates a school environment that is productive, stimulating and exciting. ECA students are recognized on a national and regional level for their successes and achievements. Through the years, ECA graduates have gone on to become professional artists and teachers in the arts. Others live richer and more productive lives due to this early, intensive arts training - practicing the arts as an avocation and acting as life-long supporters of the arts in their communities.
Our school is expanding to include global programming and international experience. Sister schools and professional partnerships will extend to Asia and Europe over the next two years. All classrooms possess and incorporate Smart Board technology into instruction.
To apply to ECA or to set up a visit to our school, please visit our Admissions Page or call 203-777-5451