A Steering Committee was established to allow the partners to be integrally involved with the operation of the school program and to serve as a communications vehicle.
The Steering Committee, working with the School Principal, will
- Approve staffing patterns
- Recommend approval of the annual budget/pupil tuition to the ACES Board
- Approve major curriculum change
- Review student and program assessment data
No action will be taken by the ACES Governing Board related to Thomas Edison Middle School unless the recommendation has been reviewed and approved by the Steering Committee.
- Three Board of Education Members, one (1) from each school district, selected annually by the Board of Education.
- Two(2) Superintendents of Schools of their designees
- The Meriden Superintendent shall continually serve in recognition of Meriden’s ownership of the building.
- The other two Superintendents shall annually select one of the number to serve.
- Executive Director of ACES
- Non-Voting Members
- Three(3) Parents and (3) alternates
- One(1) from each district for a one year term.
The TEMS parent group, Families as Partners, will choose the parent representatives and alternates, with parents from each partner selecting their own representatives.
3. Steering Committee Operations
The Steering Committee shall meet at least three times during the July 1 – June 30 fiscal year period. Committee members shall annually elect a Chairperson who shall preside over the meeting. A quorum, defined as a majority of the voting members, is necessary to vote on issues that come before the Steering Committee. Operating procedures will follow Roberts Rules of Order. Decisions will be made by voting. A simple majority of those voting members present is needed to pass a motion. Minutes will be kept.
2017-2018 Steering Committee Members and email contact information:
|Mark Benigni||Meriden Superintendent of Schools|
|Kim Carbone Pandiani||Meriden|
|Dr. Thomas Danehy||ACES|
|Dr. Salvatore F. Menzo||Wallingford|
|Dr. Kathryn Y. Veronesi||Region 13|