The ECA Theatre Department provides advanced level, pre-professional training under the tutelage of practicing professional theatre artists. The curriculum models that of a college conservatory training program whereby students:
- study established and emerging methods and techniques in the areas of acting, movement, and voice and speech;
- survey notable plays, playwrights, and styles throughout history, honing their skills of analysis and criticism;
- explore playwriting, stage management, directing, technical theatre and design;
- develop and create original work including theatre for social change; and
- engage in workshops led by prominent master teaching artists.
The Theatre department strives to bring the finest work to the stage, all the while with a committed respect of the artistic process, and a strong emphasis on collaboration and ensemble work. As a result, students acquire knowledge and develop communication skills that will prepare them for post-secondary and professional careers. Students’ lives are enriched by the study, performance and appreciation of theatre within a diverse learning environment.
To apply for Admission to the Theatre Department, please visit the Application Process Page.
Photos by Paul Duda