The ECA Dance Department offers high school students rigorous, comprehensive dance training from the three perspectives of creator, performer, and critical observer. In a diverse learning environment, students gain a strong foundation in classical and contemporary dance techniques.
Our particular concentration on choreography encourages students to develop an individual artistic voice. Practicing professional artists make up the permanent faculty and visiting guest artists provide further enrichment to students in contemporary, historical and world dance forms.
To apply for Admission to the Dance Department, please visit the Application Process Page and click the button below to find the requirements for your Dance Review.
- Please join us for Alwin Nikolais: A Celebration in Motion, Friday November 22 and Saturday November 23, 7:30 pm @ Trinity College. ECA Dancers will perform “Tensile Involvement (1953)” choreographed by Alwin Nikolais in an evening of his choreography. ECA Dancers, along with dancers from Trinity College, St. Joseph University, the Greater Hartford Academy and members of the Nikolais/Louis Dance Company will perform in an evening of works choreographed by Alwin Nikolais.
CHOREOGRAPHER: ALWIN NIKOLAIS
Photo: Tori Duhaime
- Link to view a clip of the ECA Repertory Company perform Tensile Involvement https://youtu.be/-x9mkLUE6s0
- Link to view Tensile Involvement - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfxsFTDWWnw
- Link to Alwin Nikolais’ biography - http://allaboutalwin.blogspot.com/2012/02/brief-biography.html
- Link to Alberto del Saz’s website - https://www.albertodelsaz.com