What is Policy Council?
Early Head Start Policy Council is comprised of parents of enrolled children and community representatives, including a member of the ACES Governing Board. The council assists in setting goals, planning programs and approving agency personnel policies and funding requests.
What does Policy Council do?
- Serves as a link between parents, the ACES Governing Board, EHS staff and community partners
- Provides parents with the opportunity to participate in policy making or other decisions about the EHS program along with the ACES Governing Board and community partners
- Reviews and approved personnel policies, as well as staff hiring and changes
- Assists with the annual self-assessment of the EHS program
- Approves program plans
- Helps to develop, review and approve all grant proposals and budget requests
- Helps to establish procedures for hearing and resolving community complaints, along with the ACES Governing Board
2017-2018 Policy Council Members
|Amanda Cistulli||Parent - Vice Chair|
|Betsey Cronin||Community Representative|
|Vincent Loffredo||Middletown BOE/ACES Governing Board Representative|
|Johny Lopez||Parent - Chair|
|Amy Waterman||Community Representative|
Policy Council reports monthly to the ACES Governing Board. These reports are part of the ACES Governing Board meeting minutes.