The health and safety of our students, staff and families is a priority at ACES. We continue to monitor the situation of the Coronavirus Pandemic and are working to keep our community informed of any changes and updates as they occur. Communications and developments surrounding COVID-19 from ACES leaders and their impact to our schools and programs will be housed here on this page along with any resources.
Important Websites to Monitor Information Around the Virus
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Connecticut State Department of Public Health
- U.S. Department of Education
Interim Alternate Learning Opportunities
The CT RESC Alliance has put together a list of helpful resources to support Connecticut educator’s work to provide meaningful learning resources to their students and families during these extraordinarily challenging times. ACES is one of six regional educational service centers established by state legislature to provide support and services to school districts in our state. To view this list please click here.
For more assistance with Alternative Learning from ACES, please see this brochure.
Family First Coronavirus Response Act
Effective April 1, 2020, the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (“FFCRA”) provides guidance on paid sick leave and FMLA for specified reasons related to COVID-19. Please see this poster for more details.
Please note, we are still accepting applications for job openings during this time. However, due to COVID-19, we are not currently conducting interviews. We will make arrangements with potential candidates at a later date.
During this unprecedented time of social distancing, ACES will continue to provide opportunities for professional development, networking, and support.
As the situation continues to unfold, ACES will continue to communicate with its students, staff and families. Below are communications and information sent to families of ACES Schools & Programs.
- A Message from ACES by Executive Director, Dr. Thomas M. Danehy (March 19, 2020)
- New Email Address for Inquiries (March 19, 2020)
- Grab and Go Lunches Update (March 18, 2020)
- Grab and Go Lunches (March 17, 2020)
- COVID-19 Update Message from ACES (March 6, 2020)
- COVID-19 Update Message from ACES (February 28, 2020)
- A Message from ACES about the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (January 30, 2020)