- About Us
- Visual Arts
- Upcoming Events 2016-17
- Dance Department Schedules
- 2016-2017 Dancer Handbook
- Dance Department Parent Handbook
- Curriculum Arc 2016-17
- Dance Department Photo Gallery
- Dance Department Performance Highlights
- Creative Writing
- School Forms
- College and Scholarship Information
- HUSKY Health & Access Health CT Information
- For Students
- The Little Theatre
- ACES International
- ACES ECA International Admissions Initiative
- Welcoming International Students to ACES ECA
- ACES ECA Application for International Enrollment 2017-18
- Important Information for Completion by International Families
- ECA Global 2016 Student Exchange to China
- ECA Global 2016 Photo Gallery Student Exchange to China
- ECA Faculty Global China Exchange April 2015
- ECA Global China Exchange March 2015
- ECA Global Partnership: Shanghai Theatre Academy Affiliated Senior High School as highlighted by Principal Ying-Xiao
- ECA Global Partnership: Sister School Shanghai Theatre Academy Affiliated High School Visits ECA! July 2015
- Intercultural Arts Programs and ECA Global
- ECA Intercultural Arts - The International Silat Federation of Indonesia & America
- School Forms
The ECA Visual Arts Department offers students the opportunity to work with professional artists in a studio setting. Twenty-seven foundation and special topics courses are offered each year in a variety of media, including sculpture, printmaking, video, darkroom photography, digital photography, painting and drawing. The art department constantly cultivates the exchange of creative ideas with critiques, lectures, gallery and museum trips and visiting guest artists. Art students expand their visual communication vocabulary, critical thinking and problem solving skills, independent initiative, and craftsmanship and technical abilities, while making personally expressive artwork.
A snapshot of the ECA Visual Arts Department in 2014
ECA VA students received multiple prizes and honorable mentions in the Connecticut and National Scholastic Art Awards.
ECA VA students received multiple prizes and honorable mentions in the Annual Greater New Haven High School Art Exhibition and Competition at the John Slade Ely House Center for Contemporary Art.
Art schools from around the country like Rhode Island School of Design, Tyler School of Art in Philadelphia, and Kansas City Art Institute, MassArt, Montserrat, and Hartford School of Art have come to recruit our seniors.
Sculptor Jonathan Brand will be presenting his work as a guest lecturer this month.
Students designed the centerpieces at the Cheongsam Ball sponsored by the Yale-China Association held at the New Haven Lawn Club.
Classes offered this year include Life Drawing from the Model, Interactive Sculptural Installation, Animated Drawings, the Self-Portrait, Experimental Processes in Darkroom Photography, Relief-Technique Printmaking, Outdoor Interventions in Digital Photography.
Our department will be going to galleries in Chelsea in a few weeks.
Many VA faculty members have art exhibitions locally and around the country.