- About Us
- Visual Arts
- Upcoming Events 2016-17
- Dance Department Schedules
- 2016-2017 Dancer Handbook
- Dance Department Parent Handbook
- Curriculum Arc 2016-17
- Dance Department Photo Gallery
- Dance Department Performance Highlights
- Creative Writing
- School Forms
- College and Scholarship Information
- HUSKY Health & Access Health CT Information
- For Students
- The Little Theatre
- ACES International
- ACES ECA International Admissions Initiative
- Welcoming International Students to ACES ECA
- ACES ECA Application for International Enrollment 2017-18
- Important Information for Completion by International Families
- ECA Global 2016 Student Exchange to China
- ECA Global 2016 Photo Gallery Student Exchange to China
- ECA Faculty Global China Exchange April 2015
- ECA Global China Exchange March 2015
- ECA Global Partnership: Shanghai Theatre Academy Affiliated Senior High School as highlighted by Principal Ying-Xiao
- ECA Global Partnership: Sister School Shanghai Theatre Academy Affiliated High School Visits ECA! July 2015
- Intercultural Arts Programs and ECA Global
- ECA Intercultural Arts - The International Silat Federation of Indonesia & America
- School Forms
April 2016 ECA Student Delegates Prepare for China!
ECA students will travel to China in April of 2016 to immerse themselves in the culture and connect to their peers of ECA’s sister schools of the arts in Beijing, Ningbo, and Shanghai. Their preparation begins in the Fall of 2015 during the school year and will highlight important areas of global citizenry and international awareness in order to support a successful study-performance tour abroad. In July of 2015, ECA hosted the arrival of our sister school from Shanghai.
ECA student delegates hear from Annie Lin, Senior Program Officer for the Arts at Yale-China Association. Ms. Lin presented a series of photographs taken in a village depicting the process of making tofu. The discussion blended analysis of the artistic elements within the photographs, the story line, and the photographer’s subject. This was a well-planned transition to introduce a day in the life of the businessman in this small village and the discussion’s evolution about the small villages in China that are being diminished as more and more of the country’s populace pursue life in and around the major cities.
ECA students going abroad participate in a preparatory curriculum and an inquiry-based program that identifies areas of preparation and global perspectives that coincide with their trip and their responsibility to be contributing members of a global society. Future sister school programs include collaboration in Japan, Germany, and Spain.