- About Us
- Theatre Performance Highlights
- Theatre Dept Gallery of Production Photos
- A Night at the Improv - Ever Chasing Alchemy
- Henrik Ibsen's Peer Gynt
- Winterfest 2015
- CABE/CAPSS Conference Performance
- 15th Annual Student Cabaret
- Ever Chasing Alchemy -- A Night at the Improv Featuring ECA Alumni! Thursday, July 9th, 7pm The Little Theatre
- Neil Simon's Fools
- The Education Project
- Death Dances the Tarantella
- Visual Arts
- Upcoming Events 2016-17
- ANIKAYA Dance Theater Residency
- Dance Department Schedules
- 2016-2017 Dancer Handbook
- Dance Department Parent Handbook
- Curriculum Arc 2016-17
- Dance Department Photo Gallery
- Dance Department Performance Highlights
- Creative Writing
- School Forms
- College and Scholarship Information
- HUSKY Health & Access Health CT Information
- For Students
- The Little Theatre
- ACES International
- ACES ECA International Admissions Initiative
- Welcoming International Students to ACES ECA
- ACES ECA Application for International Enrollment 2017-18
- Important Information for Completion by International Families
- ECA Global 2016 Student Exchange to China
- ECA Global 2016 Photo Gallery Student Exchange to China
- ECA Faculty Global China Exchange April 2015
- ECA Global China Exchange March 2015
- ECA Global Partnership: Shanghai Theatre Academy Affiliated Senior High School as highlighted by Principal Ying-Xiao
- ECA Global Partnership: Sister School Shanghai Theatre Academy Affiliated High School Visits ECA! July 2015
- Intercultural Arts Programs and ECA Global
- ECA Intercultural Arts - The International Silat Federation of Indonesia & America
- School Forms
In April 2015, a delegation of ECA faculty and faculty from other ACES schools participated in a much anticipated faculty exchange to our sister school, Shanghai Theatre Academy Affiliated Senior High School. Shanghai Theatre Academy Affiliated Senior High School was established by the Government of Jingan District and Shanghai Theater Academy. Alumni of the school include famous scholar Qiuyu Yu, writer Naishan Cheng, actor Xiong Xiao, singer Yurong Yang and painter Chunyuan Xiao. The campus is exquisite, promoting an artistic atmosphere and boasting modern facilities. In 2011, the school joined the project team of Shanghai High Schools with Distinctive Features. In 2012, it was awarded “National School with Distinctive Features” by the Teacher Development Foundation of the Ministry of Education.
Our school mission is to cultivate optimistic, well-rounded students who demonstrate extensive knowledge. Besides the national standard curriculum, which is taught by excellent teachers, Academy students are required to take art courses, which are mainly taught by professors from Shanghai Theater Academy. As the school develops through our “Happy Education” concept, the overall quality of students gradually increases. In 2007 and 2009, alumni Lin Wang and Qianying Zhou were admitted by Shanghai Theater Academy as top students and went on to study at the New York Film Academy.
In 2013, the Shanghai Theatre Academy Affiliated Senior High School implemented the “Happy Education” concept with the aim of raising the cultural quality of the whole school. Each student has various interests, and we are glad to provide the platform for such interests to be shared and developed. We believe those who have varied interests are more inclined to achieve happiness. As a well-known high school featuring artistic education, our school makes great efforts to effectively combine traditional and artistic education and make them complimentary to one other. On the one hand, we are dedicated to making our artistic education among the highest quality in China by bringing into full play a professional artistic faculty and offering specialized courses. On the other hand, we aim to make the students from ordinary classes “extraordinary” by immersing them in an artistic atmosphere. The combination of artistic and traditional education inspires the growth of all students.
Every year, more than 75% of our art students continue to pursue their artistic dreams in universities, and one third of them have entered the most prestigious art colleges such as Beijing Film Academy, The Central Academy of Drama, Communication University of China and Shanghai Theater Academy.
Promoting the concept of “Happy Education” and strategically utilizing the advantages of location and modern resources, we are making every effort to grow the Shanghai Theatre Academy Affiliated Senior High School into a first-class and well-respected high school known for achieving artistic excellence and focusing on international horizons.
Shanghai Theater Academy Affiliated Senior High School Students will visit New Haven and ECA on July 6, 2015! We look forward to a successful exchange!!