- About Us
- Visual Arts
- Upcoming Events 2016-17
- Dance Department Schedules
- 2016-2017 Dancer Handbook
- Dance Department Parent Handbook
- Curriculum Arc 2016-17
- Dance Department Photo Gallery
- Dance Department Performance Highlights
- Creative Writing
- School Forms
- College and Scholarship Information
- HUSKY Health & Access Health CT Information
- For Students
- The Little Theatre
- ACES International
- ACES ECA International Admissions Initiative
- Welcoming International Students to ACES ECA
- ACES ECA Application for International Enrollment 2017-18
- Important Information for Completion by International Families
- ECA Global 2016 Student Exchange to China
- ECA Global 2016 Photo Gallery Student Exchange to China
- ECA Faculty Global China Exchange April 2015
- ECA Global China Exchange March 2015
- ECA Global Partnership: Shanghai Theatre Academy Affiliated Senior High School as highlighted by Principal Ying-Xiao
- ECA Global Partnership: Sister School Shanghai Theatre Academy Affiliated High School Visits ECA! July 2015
- Intercultural Arts Programs and ECA Global
- ECA Intercultural Arts - The International Silat Federation of Indonesia & America
- School Forms
Welcome to the Director's Newsletter page. Please click on the links
below to keep updated about exciting developments at ECA.
An Important Message from Director Jason Hiruo:
Due to budgetary restrictions, ECA will suspend integrated studies courses for the 2017-208 school year. The time originally allocated for integrated studies will now focus on new and enhanced content opportunities within each department.
We are currently working with ACES to build a summer PE/Health course to take place during the ACES Summer Academy with certified teachers. In addition, we are considering an after-school yoga, movement, or martial arts class once a week to support students who need PE credit in place of their Tuesday elective program. Please email email@example.com if you would like more information on the PE/Health course.
In addition, we are forging ahead with the development of summer enrichment courses through our departments. This is evolving as you have recently received information on our first two Visual Arts classes in July. Next summer will mark the first annual Summer Institute that connects international and Connecticut students to the Arts through departmental instruction and cultural experiences.
All the world’s a stage, and ACES Educational Center for the Arts has a signed agreement to prove it. On Wednesday, June14, representatives from Chivast Education International, an affiliate of the Chinese Service Center for Scholarly Exchange, met with ACES ECA officials to sign an agreement allowing for an exchange program that would allow several Chinese students to attend the arts-focused magnet school for a year. CSCSE is part of the Chinese Ministry of Education.
Read the full article by Brian Zahn in the NH Register by clicking on the following link: http://www.nhregister.com/social-affairs/20170614/aces-eca-in-new-haven-formalizes-partnership-with-chinese-ministry-of-education
Read more in the NH Independent by clicking on the following link: http://www.newhavenindependent.org/index.php/archives/entry/china-connecticut_exchange/
Watch the interview on WTNH NEWS Channel 8 by clicking on the following link: http://wtnh.com/2017/06/20/new-haven-magnet-school-partners-with-china-for-exposure-to-arts/
Dear ECA Community,
- A new student service project-learning tour will take place in November 2017. This experience offers students the opportunity to experience cultural immersion AND volunteerism with peers demonstrating global citizenry as we visit four charity schools for disadvantaged students. In addition, participants experience the world's greatest archaeological dig! Students can gain community service hours, cultural competency credit, and utilize their experience for college applications. Service Project-Learning Tour November 2017
Students seeking experience and community service hours can participate in the Arts & Ideas Festival this summer https://docs.google.com/a/aces.org/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdiHBDp3ZamPADN37Lvcf2KcG7FeQjcZRddCVRzNrM-5RqmNw/viewform?c=0&w=1
ECA and PACE are collaborating to combine efforts, elevating our fundraising to benefit our students further.
Every resource adds to our learning programs, which will now be possible with Amazon Smile. It's just like shopping at Amazon.
- Click on, http://smile.amazon.com/ch/30-0804769
- Sign in with your username and password
- Select Parents for Arts Centered Education as your favorite charity
- Change your bookmark to Amazon Smile, and 0.5% of your purchase will go to ECA!!!
International Host Family Program
- If you are interested in learning more about ECA's international host family program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. ECA is investigating the potential for a semester long exchange program with our sister schools in Shanghai, Kyoto, and Sydney. Participating host families would receive a monthly stipend of $850.
The success of ECA is not solely based on a specific arts education, but in how we continue to help students further their individuality, creativity, and inner-confidence.
Together, we value the arts.
We use the arts as a vehicle to further skills of innovation, problem-solving, collaboration, and critical thinking.
We use the arts to advance empathy, voice, self-esteem, and citizenry.
We love the arts because it reminds us of who we are as we support our future.
We value the arts, and this is why we are here –
for our students,
for the school,
for the importance of instilling the arts in the lives of children.