- About Us
- Theatre Performance Highlights
- Theatre Dept Gallery of Production Photos
- A Night at the Improv - Ever Chasing Alchemy
- Henrik Ibsen's Peer Gynt
- Winterfest 2015
- CABE/CAPSS Conference Performance
- 15th Annual Student Cabaret
- Ever Chasing Alchemy -- A Night at the Improv Featuring ECA Alumni! Thursday, July 9th, 7pm The Little Theatre
- Neil Simon's Fools
- The Education Project
- Death Dances the Tarantella
- Visual Arts
- Upcoming Events 2016-17
- ANIKAYA Dance Theater Residency
- Dance Department Schedules
- 2016-2017 Dancer Handbook
- Dance Department Parent Handbook
- Curriculum Arc 2016-17
- Dance Department Photo Gallery
- Dance Department Performance Highlights
- Creative Writing
- School Forms
- College and Scholarship Information
- HUSKY Health & Access Health CT Information
- For Students
- The Little Theatre
- ACES International
- ACES ECA International Admissions Initiative
- Welcoming International Students to ACES ECA
- ACES ECA Application for International Enrollment 2017-18
- Important Information for Completion by International Families
- ECA Global 2016 Student Exchange to China
- ECA Global 2016 Photo Gallery Student Exchange to China
- ECA Faculty Global China Exchange April 2015
- ECA Global China Exchange March 2015
- ECA Global Partnership: Shanghai Theatre Academy Affiliated Senior High School as highlighted by Principal Ying-Xiao
- ECA Global Partnership: Sister School Shanghai Theatre Academy Affiliated High School Visits ECA! July 2015
- Intercultural Arts Programs and ECA Global
- ECA Intercultural Arts - The International Silat Federation of Indonesia & America
- School Forms
Welcome to the Director's Newsletter page. Please click on the links
below to keep updated about exciting developments at ECA.
An Important Message from Director Jason Hiruo:
Dear ECA Community,
Educational Center for the Arts
Dear ECA Community:
Dear ECA Community:
- We are looking for an ECA parent and an ECA student that will testify at the Education Appropriations hearing on Tuesday, February 21st. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly if you are interested in participating as a representative for our school. We will need to submit written testimonies 10 days in advance of this event.
- We are organizing a series of legislative breakfasts to galvanize support for our magnet schools and to seek legislative support of our magnet school funding that will also carry our voice to the governor. It’s important that we get as many of our ECA families and staff as possible to attend these events. The legislative breakfasts are open to all ACES staff members as well. We know that many of you have hectic day schedules to maintain, but if you, family members and staff can attend, we know that your voice will be heard.
The dates for our legislative breakfasts are as follows:
The success of ECA is not solely based on a specific arts education, but in how we continue to help students further their individuality, creativity, and inner-confidence.
Together, we value the arts.
We use the arts as a vehicle to further skills of innovation, problem-solving, collaboration, and critical thinking.
We use the arts to advance empathy, voice, self-esteem, and citizenry.
We love the arts because it reminds us of who we are as we support our future.
We value the arts, and this is why we are here –
for our students,
for the school,
for the importance of instilling the arts in the lives of children.
- ECA is implementing our Food Service Kiosk at the end of this month! The Food Service Kiosk will be staffed and managed by Chartwells Food Service. All items available are maintained at a reasonable price for students and staff and will allow everyone to purchase sandwiches, salads, soups, and healthy snacks. We are excited about this as it brings a new resource to the school community and allows for an efficient "grab-n-go" in the hectic schedules at ECA. In January, we will have a grand opening with a school-wide tasting of various items to allow for feedback and identify popular items. Thank you to those who completed the brief survey and helped us initiate this needed addition to the daily lives of our students. Your feedback is important!
- As you may be aware, the state is continuing to reduce the annual budgets of Connecticut magnet schools. ECA is defined as an inter-district magnet high school. By next school year, we will have accumulated an 11% budget reduction. We continue to work very hard to protect our programming through creative problem-solving. ACES is also managing this through the Connecticut Magnet School Alliance. In the near future, we will hear how we can strategically and diplomatically utilize the strength of the parent voice. As this unfolds, we anticipate that ECA will hold a meeting to communicate and plan how we can do this effectively as collective communities and magnet schools in Connecticut.
- ECA is moving ahead with international enrollment and will soon be admitting international students from our sister schools in September. This not only provides opportunities for our community to connect to students and their cultures from around the world, but it will help to neutralize budget reductions through the tuition that international families will pay to attend ECA. With our first applications already coming in, we are looking for families of ECA to host international students beginning in September 2017. All host families receive a monthly stipend to support this experience. If you are interested in finding more information out about hosting, please send an email to email@example.com to receive the ACES International Host Family Information Booklet.
- We are welcoming our first teaching fellow to ECA this year. "Summer" (Xiaoqing Guo) is part of the ECA/Yale-China collaboration that brings her to ECA from Changsha, China. As part of the Yali schools, originated by Yale alumni over 100 years ago, Summer will be co-teaching the integrated studies CLAS course (Culture-Language-Arts-Society) and further support our collaborative work with sister schools in China. Summer is excited to meet more people in the ECA community, so please feel free to welcome her as you see her about in school.
- HOLIDAY CANDY CANE SALESTHIS WEEK!! Proceeds go to ECA Students.
- Who can buy them? Anyone – students, faculty/staff, visitors!!
- Who are you buying them for? Anyone at ECA – friends, faculty/staff, even yourself!!
- How much do they cost? 2 for $1.00
- You fill out the tag and sign it (or you can keep it a secret!).
- ECA is closed over the Holiday Break.
Dear ECA Families, please click the following link to view our November Family Update Letter:
Other Exciting News:
- China 2017 Study Tour: Students that are registered for the April trip are asked to see Jason Hiruo for paperwork and fundraising information.
- ECA FOOD SERVICE: ECA is developing an internet café! In the meantime, we will be working with Chartwells Food Service to implement a food cart at school for grab-and-go sandwiches, soup, and healthy snacks. This has great benefits in many ways for our school community. PLEASE contribute to the survey. Your input is highly valued, https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ACES_Lunch_Survey Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
- GUIDANCE: To parents of Seniors - If you would like an ECA transcript sent to Colleges and Universities, a transcript release form should be signed by the guardian or parent along with a stamped addressed envelope and submitted to the ECA School Counselor, Julie Michaelson. The release forms can be downloaded from our website, found under school forms or students can pick up a copy in the guidance area. http://www.aces.org/uploads/application/files/yc2tpv7d21pcrzmpyydmmc00shiq3lkfgnyfa2pbg4bk5y3wcg.pdf
to over 50 ECA student volunteers and staff who participated in our Arts Festival - Fall Free for All - on Audubon Street, Saturday Sept. 24!
The outdoor event was a success and brought a few hundred community members to visit with us on Saturday.
People learned more about what we do at ECA, and experienced ECA firsthand on stage and up close in discussions.
Read all about ECA's April 2016 Student Exchange to our sister schools in Shanghai and Beijing!
View the Photo Gallery of ECA's April 2016 Student Exchange to China by clicking below:
A Great Opportunity: Amazon Smile
ECA and PACE are collaborating to combine efforts, elevating our fundraising to benefit our students further.
Every resource adds to our learning programs, which will now be possible with Amazon Smile. It's just like shopping at Amazon.
- Click on, http://smile.amazon.com/ch/30-0804769
- Sign in with your username and password
- Select Parents for Arts Centered Education as your favorite charity
- Change your bookmark to Amazon Smile, and 0.5% of your purchase will go to ECA!!!
International Host Family Program
- If you are interested in learning more about ECA's international host family program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. ECA is investigating the potential for a semester long exchange program with our sister schools in Shanghai, Kyoto, and Sydney. Participating host families would receive a monthly stipend of $850.